While we are currently not hiring, please see below for what we are looking for in a Nurse Practitioner…
AUSCFM is seeking a Nurse Practitioner to provide another layer of support to our patients and clinical staff. Initially, your responsibilities will be primarily related to fielding patient inquiries in the EHR and by phone, refilling prescriptions/supplements, ordering labs, and generally being a rover to cross cover our team.
As AUSCFM continues to grow & evolve, and you gain more experience, there will be opportunities for you to train with our head clinician and step into a more direct patient-care role. This would be in both a support role to our clinicians as well as seeing your own patients.
Initially, you will do some work remotely from your home or home office, and thus will need your own computer, printer, phone, and other equipment. However, because observation of the clinicians will be required during the training process, at this time we are only accepting applications from people within easy commuting distance of South Perth.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE FOR THIS POSITION:
- Is looking for a long-term position in a clinical setting. This should be a career move, not a stepping stone.
- Can work remotely in a fast-paced environment with a distributed team and is able to handle complexity as well as solve problems proactively and independently.
- Has experience working in a medical practice (functional and/or integrative medicine preferred).
- Has some training in functional and integrative medicine.
- Is comfortable with electronic health record software, and capable of learning new technologies quickly.
- Is willing and able to shadow Rob, learn his approaches, and demonstrate that they can eventually take on a full-time, clinical role.
- Is interested in caring for complex, multi-layered health problems that require careful thought, attention to detail, and willingness to think outside of the box. This will include work with chronic infection patients such as co-infections, chronic viral infections, etc.
- Licensed in WA as an NP.
- Familiarity with functional medicine lab testing (blood, saliva, stool, urine, breath, etc).
- Lives in the Perth area and is able to come to our centre to observe in-person appointments and partake in phone appointments.
- Willing to spend time during the training period on research, developing patient handouts, taking patient notes and other tasks that contribute to your education in functional medicine, while supporting us in our roles.
- Available part-time (20-30 hours/week) during the training and evaluation phase with the ability to ramp up to full time as you begin seeing your own patients.