26 Aug Patient Care Coordinator
About the business
The goal of Functional Medicine is to identify the best set of interventions needed to improve your health. These interventions include personalised nutrition plans, botanicals, stress management, detoxification and lifestyle changes, in addition to conventional medical approaches.
Our team of specialists includes a scientific writer, clinicians, nurse practitioners, nutritionists, health coaches, patient care coordinators and research scientists. We work with patients to delve beyond symptoms and identify solutions to the underlying causes of ailments.
We rely on state-of-the-art medical approaches, bringing together multiple medical and scientific fields, such as genomics, transcriptomics, epigenetics, neurology, dermatology, cardiology, immunology, among many others.
We strive to create a personalised treatment for every patient and to optimise their lifestyle, with the goal of helping everyone attain a healthier self. Our approach is patient-centred. We work with you in a private and safe environment to develop a personalised treatment that will translate in the best possible health outcomes.
About the role
A rare and exciting opportunity has opened to join a rapidly growing Functional Medicine Centre where you will work with our respected team from our South Perth location.
As we celebrate our first year of operating the Australian Centre for Functional Medicine (AUSCFM), we are excited to be in a continued rapid growth phase. Our team are working full schedules and need our next team member.
AUSCFM is seeking a Patient Care Coordinator to provide another layer of support to our patients and clinical staff.
Initially, your responsibilities will be primarily related to fielding patient inquiries in the EHR and by phone, refilling prescriptions/supplements, ordering labs, and generally being a rover to cross cover our team.
The role requires you for 20-25 hours per week.
You will be responsible for:
Delivering exceptional caring service to our patients.
Ensuring timely and accurate patient documentation and financial transactions.
Engaging positively in internal and external relationships.
Working cohesively and being an engaged member of our workforce.
Meeting targets in an efficient and effective manner, whilst delivering excellent customer service and adhering to compliance requirements.
Accountable for high-quality processing and overseeing multiple patient bookings and referrals.
Communicating with patients daily through the Patient Portal and by phone as needed.
Forwarding patients’ questions to the appropriate clinician and then following up with the patient when the clinician replies.
Uploading documents into the Patient Portal.
Providing patients with instructions for completing lab tests.
Scheduling patient’s appointments and answering questions regarding how to prepare for appointments.
Responding to patient inquiries about lab kits and supplements.
Working closely with office and operations staff to keep the clinic running smoothly.
Opening and/or closing the centre.
Answering and directing calls.
- Batch and process Medicare claims.
To actively participate in general staff meetings.
To attend training sessions in-house and external courses when required.
General housekeeping such as tidying and cleaning of office when necessary.
- Undertake other duties as required from time to time as directed by the practice manager, nurses and doctors.
Skills and experience
- Has experience working in a Medical Practice (Functional and/or Integrative medicine preferred).
- A compassionate customer service orientation with well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- A focus on timely outcomes and exceptional organisational skills.
- A critical eye for detail
- Ability to be flexible with working hours and locations (covering staff on leave).
- Have outstanding capability with technology and the ability to move seamlessly between a variety of software and cloud-based applications.
- Be able to perform repetitive tasks without losing focus.
- Can work remotely in a fast-paced environment with a distributed team and is able to handle complexity as well as solve problems proactively and independently.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and independently.
The Australian Centre for Functional Medicine is committed to attracting and retaining the very best in the industry. To express your interest in applying for this opportunity, upload your covering letter together with a current resume.